Jun 24, 2011 by Sushi Bird
- I just started using TeuxDeux, and oh-my-god it is all I ever wanted in a to-do-list, and nothing more.
- Staying busy. I want to write something about the Norwegian saying “lediggang er roten til alt ondt” – is there an English saying with the same meaning? Something like “Idle hands are the devil’s workshop”? Seriously though, staying busy is good, my creative juices are always flowing when I don’t have enough time to execute any of the ideas. I need to get myself one of these High Expectations Asian Father to keep myself in check and start producing.
- Patterns, patterns, patterns! I can not believe I did not figure this out sooner. A super-awesome-simple-wonderful guide about how to make repetative patters! This has been on my mind for years, and now all of a sudden I felt it was a mixture between a duh-moment and an aha-moment. In any case, I went to bed smarter then I woke up after reading this.
- “I have no talent” I thought this article was worth a read – it is about how it is tons of practice that counts, not talent. I belong in that category as well. I do not have much talent, but I work hard. This article brought back memories from senior high – when classmates would comment that “you will always be alright, you always do well on the tests” – what they didn’t realize is the amount of hours I spent studying. I am pretty sure if they put down the same time I did they would have gotten at least as good results as I did, and quite possibly better results than I did. When I was younger I used to wish I had a special talent, but now I realize that the only talent I have is working on something long enough to get better at it. And I am actually quite pleased with that. It makes me think that quite a few people in the world can reach their goals, as long as you work hard enough.
- I know I am years after everyone else here – but Dexter! I started watching it from season 1 recently, and I am now on season 4, and I absolutely love how the characters does not fit the usual hero/villain theme. I do think that sometimes the female characters are a bit hysteric and flat (just like any other Hollywood show out there), but all in all I love it! I always make time for smoke breaks just when Dexter is doing the massive killing, even though I love it I am an absolute pussy when it comes to watching heavy violence on screen.