Jul 5, 2011 by Sushi Bird
My escapades in the kitchen continues. Since I am notoriously bad at following recipes down to the last detail, I made my own version of pumpkin soup and raw zucchini pasta. I should start the column “Sushibird cooks / Food for dummies that usually stave right next to the breadbox”. I am, however, slightly proud, because if I can manage to cook these things, anyone can cook. So if you have never cooked before, you can still manage to cook these things. And the huge bonus is that they taste good as well. These dishes are vegetarian and can be made vegan if you substitute the milk products for plant-based ingredients.
Puréed Curry Pumpkin soup
- Cut the god damn pumpkin into large pieces, remove the seeds from the middle and the skin from the outside. (I have never cut a pumpkin before, and god lord, you have to use strength. This was the hardest part about this dish, the pumpkin-cutting.)
- Boil (or over-boil, doesn’t really matter, luckily for me,) the pumpkin. Minimum 3 minutes, maximum 7ish.
- Put pumpkin in food processor together with some sour cream, milk and curry paste. Mix until pureed.
- Serve with a dash on sour cream on top! Tamtam! Finished!
Raw Pesto Zucchini Pasta with Olives and Pine Seeds
- Buy a couple of zucchinis, wash them of and cut of the outer green layer.
- Spend way to much time cutting them into thin, long pasta-like shapes. (Yes, I realize my description of making food makes me sound like a helpless teenager, bear with me, I am trying here.)
- Toss said cut up zucchini in a Tupperware, and drench it with a thin pesto sauce and let it sit there for a while.
- Take out zucchini, put it on a plate, add some olives, feta cheese and pine seeds. Served cold.
Hope you enjoyed the recipes! I will add more simple recipes in the future. As always, I am looking for other people’s simple recipes as well, so please do comment if you have any good ones! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥