I believe in the magic powers of the internet, and I believe in sharing, but I also believe in some sort of restriction. I wrote a blog post about my thoughts about copyright, you can find it here if you want to read about why sushibird is licensed the way it is. Below follows a description on what you can and can not do with the various kinds of pictures from sushibird.com
- Always ask before you repost or reuse photographs depicting people in any kind of way. These pictures are copyright – ©.
- Illustrations are
- All other photographs are
- Contact me for rates if you are interested in commercial use.
Below is a more detailed description of the summary above.
Photographs containing people
These pictures are © copyright, which means that you can not repost them or reuse them etc without a written permission obtained in advance. This includes reposts to pinterest, tumblr, weheartit and other pages similar to them.
All illustrations/sketches/drawings from sushibird.com are lisenced under (CC BY-NC-ND) unless something else is specifically stated. That means that you can use these illustrations for non-commercial purposes as long as you link back to the original content on sushibird.com and you do not alter the illustrations or drawings in any way. You can not make your own derivative works based on the illustrations from sushibird.com. The illustrations from sushibird.com can not be used for derogatory, offensive, racist or homophobic purposes. Here are some examples of what you can do:
- You can repost these pictures on your blog, as long as you include a link back to the original pictures at sushibird.com.
- You can save the images to your computer.
- You can print the images on your printer and glue them in your diary or pin them on your fridge.
- You can repost the images to tumblr and pinterest and wherever else you want, as long as you link back to the original pictures at sushibird.com.
- You can email the pictures to your friends and family.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Photographs not containing people
I really do not care if you take photographs of things, objects, nature – basically – anything that does not depict people. Every photograph on sushibird.com that does not depict people, are licensed under (CC BY-NC-SA). That means you can use pictures from this site for non-commercial purposes as long as there are NO people/person in the photograph, you link back to the original content on sushibird.com and you share your own creation likewise. The photographs from sushibird.com can not be used for derogatory, offensive, racist or homophobic purposes.
You can do all the same things with the photographs not depicting people as you can with the illustrations, plus a little bit more. Here are a couple of examples of other things you are allowed to do with these kinds of photographs:
- You can make blog headers or backgrounds for your website/blog, as long as you give credit and link back to the original pictures at sushibird.com.
- If you make a new picture/blog header/background picture/collage from photographs at sushibird.com, you must allow others to use your final product the same way you have used the photographs from sushibird.com – share alike.
- This means that you can not put a © symbol on your finished work if it includes pictures from sushibird.com. Your final work have to have the same lisence as the picture originally had at sushibird.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
If you want to use the images on sushibird.com for commerical use – you have to buy a license to use the pictures.
Do not fear, though, I have great rates!
Commercial use, among other things mean:
- If you want to use the images from sushibird.com on anything you want to sell at etsy, ebay, cafepress etc.
- If your band wants to use any image from sushibird.com on their cover.
- If you are making anything intended for sale.
- If you are using images from sushibird.com for anything that will make you money.
- If you want to use the images on sushibird.com for anything related to marketing a product/person.
If you are in doubt after reading this page about what you can and can not do, please do not hesitate to contact me for further clarifications.