Oct 18, 2011 by Sushi Bird
- If you are in Norway and have a Nintendo DS, this webshop had great service for R4 cartridges. It took me 4 day in total from I placed the order until I got the package in the mail. (And for being Norway, that is really fast service!)
- Reaching the stage of Conscious Competence in Japanese. A nice article about different stages of learning. (I will start writing articles about learning Japanese myself, I just have to get around to it. Until then, the above website is a super resource!)
- A fun little article for the top 10 reasons to make gay marriage illegal
- This might not be funny unless you know anybody from Bergen, Norway, but basically the county has put out a long list of words and expressions used in Bergen. I had not heard about half of them, but it was a fun to see anyhow!
- Spoonflower is a website where you can make your own fabrics! A dream come true, I have been wanting to put designs on textile for a long time, and finally a website that seems really promising.
- And I am absolutely in love with these Jeffrey Cambell shoes. If anybody knows where to buy them offline, please let me know! I don’t mind buying shoes online, but this design is kind of special and I am not sure how the shoe would actually look in real life, so trying them on would be great.
- And again, if you are in Bergen, these guys at Ichiban make fun sushi! It reminds me a lot more of American/Canadian style of sushi than traditional Japanese sushi, but still, a lot of fun rolls and combos!
- This website is all about simplifying your life by getting rid of possessions and create smarter and smaller living spaces, both to improve the quality of your life, and to leave less of a footprint. A lot of neat solutions here! When I grow up, I want to live in a space with movable walls.
- My friend sortenke has a nice little interview up (in Norwegian) about what type of tools she uses in her design process.
- How much do genes matter? A very nice article about how talent only takes you so far from Scott H. Young, who is all about learning faster and achieving more. (Check out his archive as well, lots of goodies in there about learning techniques.)
Things that made me smile:
Fat bird balls resting up on the lawn enjoying the last streaks of heat from the sun // Norwegian creamy fish soup // Crossing out all the items I had planned for the day in teuxdeux // Rediscovering twitter all of a sudden // THIS // Have empty space in my bookshelves and closets, empty white space on the walls // Small rooms which can be heated up to livable temperatures within 30 min // Sparkling water (elixir of life!) // Some beautiful people who have uploaded a lot of documentaries to youtube lately, thank you ♥ // Norwegian, black coffee // The very big moon a couple of days ago