Jun 11, 2012 by Sushi Bird
Here are a tiny tidbit of amazing things I have found around the internet lately. This weeks links are mostly documentary and/or science-based, but a couple of self-help and coffee-links are also included. Enjoy!
- Incredibly entertaining documentary called “I Won University Challenge“. Smart people who have won the UK game show University Challenge. A collection of very special individuals.
- TED-talk: “Hans Rosling had a question: Do some religions have a higher birth rate than others — and how does this affect global population growth?”
- OMG! BBC put out the entire series “Life of birds” in 10 parts with commentary by David Attenborough on Youtube. Bliss!
- “The Cannibal That Walked Free” Documentary about the Japanese cannibal Sagawa Issei. Worth the watch if you can stomach it.
- 日本に住んでいる人: The Norwegian coffee shop Fuglen has opened up in Shibuya, Tokyo! I am heading there sometime this week to check it out. I hope the coffee is the same standard as they serve in Norway.
- Since we are on the topic of coffee – coffee drinkers might live longer.
- “Starting interesting things is a worthwhile trait, but perhaps a more important one is finishing those things.” Scott H. Young wrote about “Just finish it.”
- Short and sweet on wikipedia about Japanese aizuchi, the frequent interjections during a conversation that indicate the listener is paying attention.
- 30 things to start and stop doing to yourself.
- Ukens norske lenke: “Mytene om Japan” – bra artikkel om Japan i Aftenposten Innsikt.